Boranti is a quaint village situated in Purulia district of West Bengal. It is a perfect destination for those who want to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life and enjoy the tranquility of nature. Surrounded by hills, forests, and lakes, Boranti is a popular spot among nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts.
How to go
The nearest airport to Boranti is Ranchi Airport, which is around 114 km away. The nearest railway station is Barabhum Railway Station, which is around 18 km away. From the railway station, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach Boranti.
When to go
The best time to visit Boranti is between October to March when the weather is pleasant and ideal for sightseeing and outdoor activities.
What to do:
- Trekking: The hills and forests around Boranti are perfect for trekking and hiking enthusiasts.
- Boating: The Boranti Lake offers boating facilities, and you can spend a peaceful evening enjoying the scenic beauty of the lake.
- Picnicking: The lush green forests around Boranti make for an ideal picnic spot for families and friends.
- Wildlife Safari: Boranti Wildlife Sanctuary is home to a variety of wildlife species, including elephants, tigers, and leopards. You can enjoy a wildlife safari and spot these majestic animals in their natural habitat.
- Boranti Lake: The Boranti Lake is a serene and tranquil spot surrounded by hills and forests.
- Boranti Wildlife Sanctuary: The Boranti Wildlife Sanctuary is a must-visit for wildlife enthusiasts and nature lovers.
- Panchet Dam: The Panchet Dam is located around 40 km from Boranti and offers a picturesque view of the surrounding hills and forests.
Local transport options in Boranti include hired taxis and buses.
Accommodation with contacts:
- Boranti Tourist Lodge: Contact number – 03252-203454, 9474480419
- Jhilli Resort: Contact number – 9832019888, 9836133990
- Chhaya Hotel: Contact number – 9474480987, 9126108285
Boranti is a hidden gem in West Bengal that offers a perfect blend of nature, adventure, and serenity. A visit to this quaint village is a must for those who want to get away from the chaos of city life and immerse themselves in the lap of nature.