Mukutmanipur is a small town located in the Bankura district of West Bengal, India. The town is known for its serene beauty, lush green forests, and natural waterfalls. Mukutmanipur is a popular tourist destination among nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts.
How To Go Mukutmanipur From Kolkata:
Mukutmanipur is located around 250 km away from Kolkata. The best way to reach Mukutmanipur from Kolkata is by road. You can hire a car or take a bus from Kolkata to reach Mukutmanipur. The journey takes around 5-6 hours.
Best Time to Visit to Mukutmanipur:
The best time to visit Mukutmanipur is from October to February. The weather during this time is pleasant, and you can enjoy the natural beauty of the place without worrying about the heat. The monsoon season from July to September should be avoided as the roads become slippery and the waterfalls become inaccessible.
Main Attractions of Mukutmanipur:
- Mukutmanipur Dam: The Mukutmanipur Dam is a popular tourist spot in the town. It is the second-largest earthen dam in India and offers a stunning view of the surroundings.
- Parshwanath Hill: The Parshwanath Hill is a popular trekking spot in Mukutmanipur. It offers a panoramic view of the town and the surrounding forests.
- Amarkanan: Amarkanan is a small village located near Mukutmanipur. It is known for its serene beauty and natural waterfalls.
- Kangsabati Dam: The Kangsabati Dam is another popular tourist spot in Mukutmanipur. It offers a stunning view of the surroundings and is an excellent spot for photography.
- Biharinath Hill: The Biharinath Hill is a popular trekking spot in Mukutmanipur. It offers a stunning view of the surrounding forests and is an excellent spot for nature lovers.
What to Do in Mukutmanipur:
- Trekking: Mukutmanipur offers several trekking trails for adventure enthusiasts. You can explore the forests and enjoy the scenic beauty of the place.
- Waterfall Visit: The natural waterfalls in Mukutmanipur are a must-visit spot. You can enjoy the serene beauty of the waterfalls and take a dip in the cool waters.
- Boating: You can enjoy boating in the Mukutmanipur Dam and Kangsabati Dam. It is a relaxing activity and offers a unique perspective of the place.
- Photography: Mukutmanipur is a paradise for photographers. You can capture the natural beauty of the place and the wildlife in their natural habitat.
- Camping: You can camp in Mukutmanipur and enjoy the serene beauty of the place. It is an excellent way to experience the natural beauty of the town.
Overall, Mukutmanipur is a beautiful town that offers a unique blend of natural beauty, adventure, and serenity. It is a must-visit destination for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts.