Burraghutu is a quaint village situated in the Bankura district of West Bengal, India. It is known for its serene environment and ancient temples, making it a popular destination among tourists. In this travel guide, we will take a look at how to get to Burraghutu, when to go, the main attractions, things to do, and accommodation options.
Burraghutu is located at the foothills of the Ayodhya Hills and is surrounded by lush green forests and scenic mountains. The village is home to several ancient temples, including the famous Burraghutu Shiva Temple. The peaceful environment and natural beauty make it an ideal destination for those looking for a relaxing getaway.
How to Reach Burraghutu from Kolkata
Burraghutu is located approximately 180 km away from Kolkata. The easiest way to reach Burraghutu from Kolkata is by road. You can take a bus or hire a taxi from Kolkata to reach Burraghutu. The journey takes around 4-5 hours, depending on traffic conditions.
When to Go
The best time to visit Burraghutu is from October to March. During this period, the weather is pleasant, and you can enjoy sightseeing and outdoor activities comfortably.
- Burraghutu Shiva Temple: The Burraghutu Shiva Temple is an ancient temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. It is considered one of the most important religious sites in the region and is visited by thousands of devotees every year.
- Koro Hill: Koro Hill is a scenic location situated near Burraghutu. It offers stunning views of the surrounding hills and forests, making it an ideal destination for nature lovers and photographers.
- Biharinath Hill: Biharinath Hill is the highest peak in the Bankura district and is located approximately 20 km away from Burraghutu. You can go trekking or hiking to the top of the hill to enjoy the scenic beauty.
What to Do
Apart from visiting the main attractions, there are several other things to do in Burraghutu, such as:
- Nature Walks: Take a leisurely walk through the lush green forests surrounding Burraghutu and enjoy the natural beauty.
- Bird Watching: Burraghutu is home to several rare species of birds, making it an ideal destination for birdwatchers.
- Village Tours: Explore the local culture and traditions by taking a tour of the nearby villages.
There are several accommodation options available in Burraghutu and the surrounding areas, ranging from budget to luxury. Here are a few options:
- Burraghutu Tourist Lodge: This is a government-run lodge located in Burraghutu, offering basic amenities at affordable prices. Contact number: +91-3244-255334.
- Biharinath Tourist Lodge: This is another government-run lodge located in Biharinath Hill, offering comfortable rooms and beautiful views of the surrounding area. Contact number: +91-3244-255557.
- Ayodhya Hills Resorts: This is a luxury resort located approximately 30 km away from Burraghutu, offering premium amenities and services. Contact number: +91-9432025487.